Depression because of pets death?

My cat died just before school was over last year. I loved this cat! Her name was Sabrina and she was like my best friend. I've always loved animals! ?She sat on my textbook when I did my homework, she bit my feet when they moved at night, and I still find cat hair hair every where! Between me and my sister, I think she liked me just a bit more. I wasn't depressed in the summer, but, I think it's just hitting me now. She was always there for me, even when my real friends wernt. It was always comforting having her at my side, even if she was in my way when I was doing homework. I know it might sound stupid, but I think it's making me depressed. She always made my day, she was there when I cried. I even talked to her(insert sad smile here). Has this happened to anybody else? And what should I do??

Yes, you are grieving. A pet's death can cause so much pain because they bring us so much love, and theyre also there for you. I recently lost my cat as well. I cried, and I still do. It's been 2 months, and I don't think I'll ever stop missing her. She was one of the best things in my life, my first pet. Allow yourself to cry. Right now you are probably very vulnerable and sensitive, and I don't know personally, I was very depressed about it, and I still am, because I think about her randomly, but I will say, I'm healing slowly, and I think you will too. You'll think of her randomly and feel sad, and it's okay. I appreciate her, think about her. I'll love her forever. And you should do the same, she loved you! and you loved her! Think about that when you're feeling sad. She loved you so much.
Allow yourself to feel, it's okay. Much love to you, and may your cat rest in peace.

Really sorry to hear your loss.

Reply to Thread