I'm super lonely.

Usually I handle my depression pretty well, but the last few days I've just had bleh days and I feel like nothing is going to make me feel better. I'm just sad, bored, lonely, down and I have so much work to do, 2 essays and a test as well as working part time and trying to make sure my house doesn't become a wreck. I don't have any friends to hang out with really, I don't see anyone outside of work and I dunno it just really sucks. I'm sick of it. 

I don't know why I'm writing this, I just needed to vent. 

When I'm in the dumps I try to find something productive or motivating to do. 
I watch TED talks (www.TED.com) or listen to podcasts (RadioLab, 99% Invisible, Invisibilia).  Sometimes I'll just do push-ups to get my body moving.  
Being down SUCKS, and honestly, it's a feeling that comes and goes forever.
I just read this really great book about mental illness, and at the end had an absolutely fantastic metaphor for how mental illness/depression affects you.
I won't ruin it for you, instead I think you should hit the library and get the book.  It's called Challenger Deep by Neal Shuesterman.  Happy reading.

I feel the same way and I am on antidepressants, and I like to take things one day at a time. I write in my journal to document my emotions and to get things off my chest. I also love the Vent app because I get to talk to people who are feeling the same way in that moment. It's a constant support system. I find reading helps when I feel motivated enough to actually read. Lately I've been finding the motivation to start running and it makes me feel better too. I know it is hard when you feel depressed because it is difficult to find enjoyment in anything. Try to find at least 1 thing that gives you even the smallest amount of happiness and take it from there. Also, check out this book. My doctor recommended it to me.

I'll be happy to talk with you if you'd let me I know how it feels to be so alone that you don't wanna do anything at all. I've been feeling like this too lately and I know how hard it is to find people to talk too. If you want to talk just feel free to find me :)

Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate remember to breath and check out these:
free to be me by Francesca batistellie ,you are loved by stars go dim,and broken by casting crowns

will help a lot :)

Oh god! I just hope you get out of this soon.?

Please be fine soon.

Reply to Thread