Summer blues

My parents are divorced and I live with my dad so all of my friends are where my dad lies but during the summer IM at my moms all summer and she lives a hour away from my dads so I don't know if IM depressed cuz I never get to see my friends ever or just lonely or something I have no idea what to do...

Distractions help. You can call your friends and if you really have your heart set on seeing them then ask them to either come to your house or your mom to drive you to theirs or you can meet each other somewhere in the middle. Hang in there. You'll be okay.

Luckily, with the convenience of social networking, staying in contact and making plans is so much easier. I moved four hours away from my friends about four years ago and almost never see them anymore. It may be hard, but maybe you could create a few summer friendships where your mom lives. Obviously you still want to have your old friends, so maybe invite a few of them over to spend a weekend at your mom's? But I think a big part of this is probably being lonely, but this can easily lead to depression. Don't be a stranger to the ones you love. Maybe spend some good mother-daughter time this summer as well? She may be able to help you through this as well.
I'm here if you need to talk. :)

Reply to Thread