Don't want to live but not suicidal

I don't want to live anymore, but I wouldn't kill myself, if that makes any sense. Everything I do seems completely pointless. I'm just a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the Universe, and I know that I will never do anything great and important on this Earth because I'm realistic. Even though I feel this way, it doesn't make me give up completely, like not talking to anybody or not doing my homework. I don't know, I'm not too good at explaining. But anyway, so yeah, I really don't want to live. I have no aspirations for anything; there is nothing I want to do with my future. I just want to not live because it would be a lot easier than living. But it's not like I would take a gun and shoot myself. I just wish I would never wake up or I would have a heart attack or something.

Does anyone feel this way? I can't really tell this to anyone because they will be convinced that I'm going to kill myself and then tell my parents or teachers and all that. I go to a therapist but I don't talk about it because I know it would make me cry and I hate crying and I wouldn't want to talk about it anyway.

I definitely understand where you are and have pretty much been there. I still am sort of there but I have a bit of a changed perspective on a few things now. I was depressed for a long time and then at a point where I called past depression. Though I wasn't necessarily suicidal as I wouldn't kill myself but I essentially didn't care if I died or not. 

I still think that when I am older like really older I might commit suicide but we would have to see as I don't even know how I would do it. I just really don't want to be old with a mind or body that doesn't work properly anymore stuck in a hospital or nursing home with no one that even cares about me etc. Though will see haha and if I told that to anyone in real life they would think I am crazy and worry about me.

I'm definitely a realistic person which I actually think is better than being pessimistic or optimistic. Right now I'm 20 years old, I dropped out of college, don't have a job and have never had a job but I am looking, and live at home with my parents and little sister. I don't have any plans really for my future. I'll likely get stuck in a low pay job and barely be able to pay anything but whatever.

Though these are the things that I believe vary between you and I. Yes we are only just small nothings compared to the universe and chances are we won't do anything great. But why let that bother you? I just see it as if it doesn't effect me in my life time then why should I care. We are given one life so why not live it out and see what happens. I mean I was even born with a genetic mutation that causes me to have gorlin syndrome which comes with a bunch of health problems. It's like yea this sucks that I have to deal with this in the only life I have but at the same time why let it bother. One day I go to the doctor and get skin cancer cut off my body and the next day and many other days after that I don't have to deal with it or think about it. Yea I don't get depressed that often anymore because that is how I started viewing life it is like well there is always tomorrow! Like lately I have been staying up till 4 am and sleeping till 2 pm which makes me kind of mad at myself but then I'm like well there is always tomorrow I can fix my sleeping schedule. Sure there won't always be a tomorrow but if you don't care about dying then it really makes no difference either way!

Also I like crying when my body wants to cry I let it even if I don't know why I'm crying. I  think it is very refreshing and cleansing feeling.

Also I love talking about things no matter what it is if someone asks and really wants to know I would tell them. So I would suggest to try talking to your therapist more. Getting things out there is another great way  to feel refreshed and clean etc. Even if you don't talk to someone else I would suggest otherwise getting it out there write it down on a piece of paper and read it to yourself or really think about it while you write it. Then if you have to get rid of the papers by burning them or shredding them etc. so you don't have to worry about someone else reading them then do that. I also think by getting rid of the papers in such a grand way is also pretty symbolic like you didn't only just get it out there and out of your head but then you got rid of it and let it all go away.

I hope this helped some what at least haha. If you want someone to talk to I don't mind. I'm not like an expert or anything and that is why I normally try and avoid talking on the Support & Recovery boards because I feel like I can't give sufficient enough advice. 

Thank you<3

Pretty much described my life. Its so hard being on that edge. I wish there was some advice I could give, but I'd just say that know youre not the only one. It does make sense and it sucks more the anything. But I understand and I guanrtee that other people here do aswell

"I really don't want to live. I have no aspirations for anything; there is nothing I want to do with my future. I just want to not live because it would be a lot easier than living. But it's not like I would take a gun and shoot myself. I just wish I would never wake up or I would have a heart attack or something."

That's exactly how I feel now. I feel like there's nothing else left. I keep feeling so incomplete like there's nothing out there that could ever satisfies me or could ever make me feel complete.

I completely understand what you are feeling. When I get depressed I don't want to live, but I don't want to die either. I'm actually afriad of death. But life just hurts so much sometimes. No one really takes my depression seriously because I'm not suicidal, but just because I won't kill myself doesn't mean I'm ever in any less pain. You should talk to someone about it. I know you said you hate crying but sometimes you just have to- and then you might even feel a little better!

I know exactly what you mean. I feel this way quite often and in most cases I would give just the same explanation that you've given. BUT, because I already have some experience in this, I know that life is very very unpredictable, so it can change even tomorrow...or even in few hours. Our problem is we expect sustainable state of happiness throughout the life. The truth is that happiness can not sustain. Happiness is in moments. Things change. You can be happy and then things get worse at some moment. But just the same way things can be bad but then something good happens. You don't know what happens tomorrow, but that should be perceived as the best part of life, cuz tonight u can feel so miserable and tomorrow is suddenly awesome and u think to urself "how could i feel so miserable just hours ago?"PS: No, i am not a positive thinker, I am very realistic

Well just like every other comment on here, I agree with you and am in the exact same boat. It really sucks because you're kinda in a rut or an endless cycle of realistic depression. That's at least what I like to call it because it's not at an extreme level of depression where you've just given up on life and want to kill yourself but you're not satisfied with your life to say "you know what I'm ok I can keep going". The whole "I'm not going to make a difference in the world" is something I agree with because unless you're planning on becoming the next Oprah, it's probably not going to happen. But what I realized was that doesn't mean you can't make a difference in another person. By just joining a club, a sport, or volunteering for something, you're now affecting someone else. Get creative with what you love to do and don't be afraid to get out there. If you find that you LOVE ventriloquism, then get out there and be the next Jeff Dunham. By doing this it kinda helps with the whole there's no point to life because that now gives you something to look forward to. Basically what you're feeling and doing right now is making your life a living hell by not finding a purpose behind things. Not wanting to cry is completely normal, to a lot of people they see crying as a sign of weakness (which could be your case idk), but you have to put your emotions out there if you don't want to talk to your therapist about it. It could be by writing in a journal or even talking to yourself about it (which I find helps the best but that's because I'm a very verbal person) either way it's up to you. Please respond back if this helped at all but I do hope it kinda does. :)

i know where your'e talking about i have that feeling every day i hate it .i feel unwanted  but i don't want to kill myself it will kill my familie .i am hopeless and i am even scared of my thoughts .i am scared to talk with somebody about my thoughts . i hurts myself that i wish i get ride over by a car when i walk or that a suddenly get a heart attack . i dont want to live like this i just wnt to live a normale life like everybody els .

bear with me on this one. i agree with where everyones going dont get me wrong. im not suicidal at all!! i have an ok life.. its just i cant deal with life sometimes and it gets to the point where im just thinking "why was i even born?? who the hell wants to live life like this?" Its like, what did i do to deserve this? its not fair. THE POINT IS = i just wanna leave Earth. I dont want go suicide which is plain stupid but for some ppl thats their only way out.. i just want to get a heart attack or something, id feel bad for my family but man its just i dont wanna deal with life.

Keep hope that there are other ways out of this besides dying.

There are a lot of people out there who want to help but don't know how to help, and a few people who actually do know how to help. Probably people who've actually been through something similar are the ones who would understand the most. My experience is I'm surprised how many people have had similar issues, when I used to think my case was unique, or at least rare, maybe less than 0.1% of the population, but the actual number is probably 100 times higher, like 10% of the population.

I've SO been there. As far as not feeling important goes, don't minimalize yourself. It's not necessarily about making big changes in the world, but about doing little (but important) things for the people around you. 

When I was in the darkest part of my depression, it wasn't like I lost sight of the future. I would sit in my room and wonder what would happen to me if I just went and jumped out of the window, or if I was on the highway, what would happen if I just opened the car door...but I was realistic: I know that depression isn't permanent, and I know that I probably won't feel like this forever so it's not like I'm not going to plan on going to college or getting married eventually or whatever. It was more about how I literally wasn't sure if I could get out of bed tomorrow and be a functional human being. It was waking up with a panic attack, or literally feeling like I'm drowning in my life. I wasn't suicidal per se (despite the bizarre almost-fantasties I had). Ultimately, I decided that what I really wanted was to be sedated for a bit until life calmed down and I could revisit the issues when I was more in-control. 

Sometimes I still feel like that, and the answer is seriously that I wanted to be sedated. It doesn't quite work like that, though.

@HearMeRoar : You know what? Your situation is similar with me. I don't want to live but I don't want to commit suicide either. I don't want to get hurt when I die. Haha! You may think that I'm silly, but I just don't like to feel pain. I keep wishing that if I die... I don't want to wake up or I want to sleep forever like a dead person. I want to have a brain cancer but I won't tell it to my family members. I don't want to become a burden. So, as much as possible... If I get hurt I don't want them to know. I'm very emotional. I feel that I am a black sheep of my family. I don't intend to compare myself to other people. But, I feel that I'm very low... low... person. I don't want to become a person who's following around by orders/commands. I want to do things on my own will. However, there was a case that I couldn't bare it at all. It seems like I disgrace my family. I stained their efforts to have a clean name. Without any problems regarding with whom etc. I feel embarrassed and I want to die. I don't want to wake up anymore. The fate will never let me do it. It keeps me to live healthy everyday. I really want to die. I really do. No ones there for me, except myself. They don't understand me either. I am alone in this dark world. I am alone and I feel fine. I just want to end my life here on earth. So that, I will not ever do anything that can cause them harm or brought shame to my family. I really love them. That's why, I want to enjoy my world in the dark. Just, let me die. ?

I think this thread is close now. It was nice meeting you guys. ♥ I really love this thread. I want someone to talk to but not to talk about my flaws in life. I just want someone who could read this. Thank you for making this thread. I hope I can see you replies. ^_^ ♥?

I feel the same way. I am sad about many things that I can't change. The worst feeling is feeling helpless, ineffective, and hopeless. I have had past times of feeling like this and I am older now and I'm tired of the cycle. I don't plan to kill myself. I don't have the nerve and my family would be angry. Input I do think I would prefer if I would just not wake up. Then I could stop living and no one would fault me for being gone. I hate having to go o and pretend to be happy. Things won't change. I think it's sad that friends family and others would rather see you go on sad and hopeless than let you go.?

I feel the same way.? I dont want to live anymore either but I'm not suicidal, if that makes sense.? I have no desire to do anything here and I feel like for the most part, people suck.? I dont understand why I was put here in the first place, I am not like most other people.? I'm a very spiritual person and it feels like somehow I was brought to the wrong place.? I feel like theres no point to doing any of this mess other than to survive. This world sucks... our goverments dont give a crap about us, everything they tell us is a lie, they feed us fake food, give us fake news, take our money then allow companies to charge us for what should be free.? The people in this world are horrible and they're getting worse.? I am over it.? I'm over working my butt off only to be paid a fraction of what I need to be "comfortable". I dont have any aspirations or desires other than to leave this place.? I dont want to do any of this crap.? I just dont see the point in working to live, living to die, and having to kiss butt in order to do it.? I would prefer to go on to whats next.? I dont like it here, its not for me.? But I keep going because I have children.

Reply to Thread