Depression affecting my relationship
I just recently opened up to my significant other, my family, and my family doctor about feeling symptoms of depression and anxiety, so I'm still in the early stages of figuring out what is affecting me so negatively. I will return to my doctor in a month's time if I'm still feeling the way I've felt for the past 6 months to discuss the possibility of medicating. A general lack of motivation has blanketed itself over all aspects of my life, including my relationship: most noticeably when it comes to intimacy. We've had sex once this past month and I didn't even want to do it. It wasn't forced, I just didn't express this issue before he initiated intercourse. I spoke to him afterward and he was very understanding, agreeing that we would lay off until I was feeling better. I'm worried that I'm starting to notice more of a mental disconnect from my relationship in addition to a physical one. Does or has anyone else dealt with this?

I'm the same way in my relationship. Actually, in every relationship i've had. I never talk about it though just pretend that I want to do what he wants and wait for it to be over. The way I see it is that we are probably just not happy with how our life is. If it's hard to be intimate or happy with people then the best thing to do would probably be to break up and stay single and devote yourself to something you love. I know it's hard and I still need to persuade myself to actually make a change, but I really do think you should do something and not be unhappy.

The best thing you can do is seek help, which is what you are doing. It's a big step to open up to everyone and tell them how you're feeling and to follow up with getting professional help. The best thing you can do is talk to your partner and explain how you feel, and that it's not that you're disinterested in the relationship, it's that you're struggling with a lot of internal conflict and emotions you don't quite understand, and that's why you're getting help.

Your partner should understand and be supportive, just keep being completely open and honest with them. That way you two can work together on this, no one should have to go through this alone. 

Yoga and meditation provide great help to overcome from depression.

private label supplements

Reply to Thread