Not sure what I'm going through right now...confused. help?

I'm 19, ive been with my boyfriend for about a year now. Lately- when he gets mad, he will throw me on the bed and shake me...or pin me down and scream at me and wont let go of my arms. Last time he left marks on my wrists. I really dont know if this is abuse or just a way to get my attention. He told me he only thinks abuse is when someone is trying to inflict harm on the other person. Every time he's done this to me it scares the **bleep** outta me. I'm just kinda confused. I dont wanna tell anyone but i need to know if this is something to be alarmed about, considering we are moving in together in February.

there is no such this as just trying to get someone's attention when it involves causing physical or mental harm or injury. you have every right to be nervous about it, and trying to talk to him or moving in with him isn't going to change it. in most cases, it's only going to get worse. he's only trying to make you believe that his behavior is acceptable, and this is a form of emotional abuse. you should definitely be alarmed. i can't tell you what to do, but my advice would be to end the relationship before it escalates. you should never be afraid of someone you love.
if you need someone to talk to, you can private message me

Reply to Thread