1 year on.

So around this time last year I found out that I was pregnant and made the decision to have an abortion. I would like to say that it was a tough decision to have an abortion but I knew as soon as I found out I was pregnant that I couldn't keep it, you see I was 15 at the time and I was in a relationship that was going down a somewhat abusive route (the relationship came to an end that christmas courtesy of my mum and friends nocking some sense into me) I knew I could have carried the baby to term but it was the final year of my GCSE's and the last thing I wanted to do was mess up my studies as I want to go places and do things. So I had the abortion just in time, I found out I was 8 weeks pregnant which is the limit for abortions where I live. Anyway here I am one year on and to be honest I don't feel guilty, I know I have done what was the best for the baby which for some reason I think would have been my son. So here I am now, single-ish (that's a whole other story which I shan't go into) and starting college on thursday. I am doing A-levels in Psychology, Sociology, Media Studies and Photography and I plan on going to university in London after. I wan't to go and do something with my life now so I know the abortion wasn't in vain. I would like to work in radio but lately I've been thinking I could be a therapist, maybe even for girls who can't deal with the whole prospect of abortion as easily as I have.

Reply to Thread