Might want to have one.

So here's my story:

I had unprotected sex about September 28th or a few days after or somewhere around that date. I had just gotten off my period a few days before we had sex. I'm now 9 days late on my period, and I'm pretty sure that I'm pregnant. I'm not really having any symptoms, but since I'm 9 days late it has me really concerned. I'm taking a pregnancy test tomorrow morning. I am not with the guy that I had sex with, I recently broke up with him because I found out how much of a douchebag he is. He's already with another girl. And we haven't talked since I broke up with him. 

I am 18 years old and in college and live with my parents and I cannot afford a baby and I am not ready for any children yet. Abortion would be a option for me. I would probably have a lot of emotional stress after having a abortion, but I also would if I had the child or if I gave it up for adoption. I really also don't want my parents to know about it either. And I have some questions about all of this..

• How do they work? 
  • How much does it cost?
  • Do I call Planned Parenthood or wherever or go directly up there to schedule or talk about having one?
  • How long do you have to wait to get it done?

If any of you have had one, do you mind sharing your stories?

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks xoxo

well abortion does not cost a thing if you have medical and it hurts really bad but the pain will go away and if you know you cant take care of the baby your making a good decision no matter what somebodys says adoption puts emotional ties with you forever if you raise the child that is great but yea like i said 

Depending on where you live will determine the cost, usually somewhere around 400 dollars. The only time it would be free would be if it was medically necessary such as a miscarriage or something wrong with the baby, and even then your insurance would probably have to pay. You can get a pill that causes it or it done medically, which is faster and less painful. You will get to choose a kind of anesthetic to take so you could easily not feel anything at all or remember. Just make sure your prepared emotionally, even if prepared you never prepare yourself to be sitting in that recovery room after knowing what just happened. It's not a bad experience it's more of an emotional experience than anything. and they like you to atleast be around 4 weeks I believe 

If you don't want to kill your child or give it up for adoption, but aren't in the right place to take care of a child, try seeing if your parents would take care of your child for you. You can't really hide the fact that you were pregnant from them, and if you did that would come with tons of guilt. Why don't you see if they would be willing to care for the child.

Again its down to choice, finances and emotions.

Let me ask you one thing. Are you cold hearted enough to NOT feel any guilt? I honestly think you are a good hearted person to be asking this question. Hence I think you will never overcome the grief and the guilt you will experience once you have done the deed.

Pregnancy is NOT bad as many make it out to be. It is an inconvenience at this stahge in your life but all is NOT lost. You can always tell your parents, you can give up the child for adoption but let me tell you guilt and remorse are extremely hard to get rid off. Despite keeping a cool, calm facade, you will constantly be reminded of what happened in some way or the other.

Inconvenience, on the other hand can always be dealt with. Events in life ie education etc can be delayed. After all, another 6 months till you have the baby, is all that is required. So think wisely. Your last period was in September. This is an advanced prgnancy and terminations in this situation have their own risks apart from the huge emotional burden you will need to shoulder.

Please think wisely.

This is not about religion or morals. This is about your self preservation. The fact that you are asking the question suggests that guilt is already taking form in your mind.

Regret is something you dont want to deal with for the rest of your life.

Pay attention to the date, guys. This thread was made in 2012.

Reply to Thread