Medical Abortion

On December 13th I went through the termination process. I feel by writing this I may be able to comfort some others who may be going through the same thing. I found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago, I knew straight away I was not ready to be a mum. It wasn't the easiest decision to make and I was torn for a while. After my partner and I made the final choice to go ahead with the termination we began planning for this. I knew it was not going to be an easy experience by any means. I went for an appointment two days after phoning the clinic. Upon arrival I was greeted by kind nurses who took my details and made sure I didn't feel judged at all. I was scanned, through my tummy and vaginally. There was some discomfort but other than that I was okay. I returned to the clinic nearly 2 weeks later. Though through this 2 weeks I experienced extremely bad morning sickness to the point I couldn't eat or sleep. I know this doesn't happen to everyone but in my experience morning sicknesswas terrible! On my second visit to the clinic I received another scan. I was told I was 6 weeks and 4 days a long. I then had my blood taken, and proceeded to be sick! (Remeber to try and eat before appointments!). As I had been sick within the hour of taking the first tablet which begins the process I had to take it again. After that I went home and slept. This first pill did cause a considerable amount of pain. I was cramping and feeling very nauseas almost 24/7. A day later I went to the hospital to go through the final part of the termination. The nurses were absolutely incredible. They made me feel very very comfortable. I was told to insert 3 pills into my behind, 2 to stop infection and one was a painkiller and then 4 pills vaginally. There was a bit of discomfort but it wasn't too bad. After that I sat for around an hour before trying to walk about, I felt very dizzy and nearly fell asleep. When I stood up again I felt something coming! I quickly went to the toilet and passed some blood. I was sick another two times following this, even though I'd received an anti sickness jag in my bottom! The next few hours proceeded of a bit of cramping and passing blood clots. Around 4 hours in I was told I had passed the pregnancy and then I had to wait for another hour to monitor my bleeding. I was sent home at 2pm. Upon arriving home I went to sleep and felt better than I had in weeks when I woke up. I've been told I may bleed for a few weeks though this doesn't bother me at all. I am so relieved it's over. If your partner can be there for you I totally recommend they come. Having constant support was amazing and helped a lot.?

There wasnt any excruciating pain during the termination it was more so before it. Though I know not everyone reacts the same. It is not a pleasant experience and I won't sugar coat it. But if over rather quickly. I recommend lots of rest!?

Wishing everyone the best. Any questions feel free to ask.?


Reply to Thread

Log in or Register to Comment