Ice cubes

This is probably the weirdest thing I've ever written haha. For almost a year I've had an addiction to eating ice and wondered if anyone else had this problem?

In pregnant women feeling the need to eat ice all the time can be caused by low iron levels. If its something you simply cannot help, I would maybe speak to your doctor and get some bloodwork done.

I went to the doctor a few months ago and he laughed at me and just said "I don't think you have anything wrong with iron." He gave me a letter allowing me to have a blood test in A&E anyway and then said "but I really don't think you need it." I haven't been for a test and I don't think I will, I'd feel like an idiot  

Nicola-Rae:I went to the doctor a few months ago and he laughed at me and just said "I don't think you have anything wrong with iron." He gave me a letter allowing me to have a blood test in A&E anyway and then said "but I really don't think you need it." I haven't been for a test and I don't think I will, I'd feel like an idiot   

Honestly, if you haven't had your blood checked for a while, it's always good to see where your body is at. You don't need to have something wrong with you to get bloodwork done, prevention is better than finding out later there's something wrong.

Some dentists say eating ice is bad for your teeth, but I don't believe them. I think it's fine.

(Always good to have a routine blood test once a year for whatever doctor thinks is good for testing.)

Compulsively eating ice is actually a form of PICA (compulsion to eat non-food items). It can be quite damaging to your teeth, too.

Craving ice is common with iron deficiency, so getting the test is probably worth your time. Even if it comes back normal, it's good to get checked out anyway.

Reply to Thread