Ciggarettes
 So, I'm pregnant. and I obviousley am not smoking. But I still have cravings like crazzzzyyyyy. I can't do nicotene patch or gum because of Baby. Can't do the fake ciggarettes since there's still smoke. ANyone have any suggestioons?
Have you looked into the electric cigarette at all? Around here you can get em for like 10 bucks at a gas station and they last about 375 puffs which is about 2-3 packs of cigarettes. And does those little minty chewing tobacco packets that you put on your gums, snus or whatever theyre called, would those effect the baby?

be careful about e-cigs because they can still have nicotine in them. They're not regulated so you never really know what's in them. Also, nicotine is a drug, and a stimulant, so while you're not getting all the chemicals of cigarettes, nicotine can still effect the baby's heart. It's why you're not supposed to drink coffee while pregnant. I quit smoking about 2 months ago, and I did it cold turkey. The cravings are really bad, and since you're pregnant, they're probably 10x worse since your hormones are going crazy. The only way out is through it and just remember what is more important. Your baby's life is worth more than anything right now. It is your job to protect it. I know you're strong and won't let an addiciton do anything to hurt the life inside you. Good luck! 

If you're not smoking now, you're doing good. Just keep doing what you're doing to stay away from them. Looking for a substitution or medicinal method to taper off them/stay away from them would only be counterproductive at this point since you've already stopped.

elijahowensmommy:
 So, I'm pregnant. and I obviousley am not smoking. But I still have cravings like crazzzzyyyyy. I can't do nicotene patch or gum because of Baby. Can't do the fake ciggarettes since there's still smoke. ANyone have any suggestioons?

Talk to your doctor about it. There are medications you can take while pregnant that would help.

Reply to Thread