Anxiety

I want to play ice hockey, because the sport is very interesting to me and there is a girl's league nearby. I would play, but unfortunately my severe anxiety has gotten the best of me. I want to play but it stops me. One day, I'll be seriously considering it, but the next day it will be shut down by a voice saying something like "but everyone elee has played forever and is really good and you can barely skate and you would be hardcore judged". I don't know what to do.?

I think you should go for it. Anxiety is a nasty thing when it's about something irrational and if you let it hold you back, it'll just gain more power over your life. It's like one of those monsters in cartoons that keep growing if you lie or spread rumors or something similar (or at least that happened in Veggie Tales lol). I struggle with bad anxiety and doctors always stress that you should keep going in life and not let it take control. I know this is easier said than done, but I think you should give ice hockey a try. :)?

Reply to Thread